Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Welcome to YAA’s online Audition Registration portal for our Adult programs, hosted by Acceptd. This portal is where artists can register for an audition for our Classical Voice programs for college thru pre-professional singers.
Winter Deadlines for Audition Registration and Video Submission are as follows:
- Sunday, December 5, 2021, by 11:59pm for MESSIAH Intensive
- Sunday, December 19, 2021 by 11:59pm for BOHÈME Intensive
You can start your registration via this portal now, and upload your videos by the above deadlines.
How to register for an audition through this system:
- Choose your program on the top left of this page: START AN APPLICATION.
- Click the green APPLY button.
- Create an account with Acceptd (if you don't have one already).
- Acceptd is a new audition portal for us and is not the same as ACTIVE that you may have used in the past to register/pay tuition.
Young Artists of America (YAA) is an award-winning, nonprofit performing arts training program based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. YAA trains some of the region’s most gifted and committed students with year-round classes and performance opportunities. We work with about 500+ students per year and perform for 5,000+ audience members at world-class venues like The Kennedy Center and the Music Center at Strathmore, which is our home stage. What makes our performance ensembles different from others is that we partner with professional symphonic orchestras and collaborate with leading artists and educators from the industry YAA has won several local accolades including a regional Emmy award. More information on YAA can be found at YAA.org.
YAAClassical: offers the following audition-based programs:
ADULT PROGRAMS (admission based on audition or invitation)
- YAAClassical: Voice (College thru Pre-Professional)
- MESSIAH INTENSIVE (December 2021)
- BOHÈME INTENSIVE (January 2022)
There is a $30 application fee. Please note that the fee is only required on your first application during the 2021-22 cycle (which begins in Winter 2021). For any subsequent applications, please enter the following coupon code in the payment section of the application: 02YAA21
Applicants can apply for a waiver to this application fee by submitting financial documentation to Acceptd. Please visit the Acceptd Help Desk for more information.
For audition questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 272-8604
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.