Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Welcome to YAA’s online Audition Registration portal for our school year programs, hosted by Acceptd. This portal is where students can register for an audition for our audition-based Performance Ensembles: YAAOrchestra, YAACompany, and YAAjunior. (YAAkids in non-auditioned and can be registered for directly via Active)
FALL 2023 Deadlines for Audition Registration and Video Submission are as follows:
- Tuesday, September 5, 2023, by 11:59pm for YAACompany (Fall Semester and Full year)
- Thursday, September 7, 2023, by 11:59pm for YAAOrchestra and YAAjunior (Full year)
SPRING 2024 Deadlines for Audition Registration and Video Submission are as follows:
- Sunday, November 26, 2023, by 11:59pm for YAAjunior (Spring Semester)
- Tuesday, December 5, 2023, by 11:59pm for YAACompany (Spring Production)
You can start your registration via this portal now, and upload your videos by the above deadlines.
How to register for an audition through this system:
- Choose your program on the top left of this page: START AN APPLICATION.
- Click the green APPLY button.
- Create an account with Acceptd (if you don't have one already).
- Acceptd is a new audition portal for us and is not the same as ACTIVE that you may have used in the past to register/pay tuition.
Young Artists of America (YAA) is an award-winning, nonprofit performing arts training program based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. YAA trains some of the region’s most gifted and committed students with year-round classes and performance opportunities during the school year. We work with about 500+ students per year and perform for 5,000+ audience members at world-class venues like The Kennedy Center and the Music Center at Strathmore, which is our home stage. What makes our performance ensembles different from others is that we perform with our own full symphonic orchestra and collaborate with leading artists and educators from the Broadway and classical music world. YAA has won several local accolades including a regional Emmy award. More information on YAA can be found at YAA.org.
YAA offers the following audition-based programs from September thru May:
- YAAOrchestra for Instrumentalists (Grades 9-12)
- YAACompany for Singers/Actors/Dancers (Grades 9-12)
- YAAjunior for Singers/Actors/Dancers (Grades 6-8)
Specific audition requirements can be found at YAA.org on each program's page.
YAA also offers classes to currently registered students. More information on classes will be forthcoming.
There is a $30 application fee. Please note that the fee is only required on your first application during the 2023-24 cycle (which begins in Fall 2023). For any subsequent applications, please enter the following coupon code in the payment section of the application: 02YAA23.
Applicants can apply for a waiver to this application fee by submitting financial documentation to Acceptd. Please visit the Acceptd Help Desk for more information.
For audition questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 272-8604
For technical questions, please visit the Acceptd Help Desk.