Start an Application
Narrow your Search
Looking for a B1G Ten university that balances serious music study with a student experience that prepares you for a career while enriching your life?
Welcome to the Penn State School of Music! At Penn State, you will find the ideal match between the wealth of opportunities found in a B1G Ten University and the individualized attention provided in the intimate environment of our School of Music. With approximately 325 students enrolled, the school grants undergraduate and graduate degrees in a wide range of programs that help students develop as performers, creators, teachers, and scholars. We offer five minors in music and annually serve an additional 1,000+ students who enroll in our high-quality general education courses and participate in our ensembles and lessons to enrich their educational experience. Our faculty members are internationally renowned performers and pedagogues who care deeply about their students and use their talents to make a positive impact around the globe.
The School of Music presents more than 400 public concerts and events each year, and our students have the opportunity to experience world-class guest artists through the Center for the Performing Arts. In addition, our President's Concert series, provides the opportunity for many of our students to perform in one or more of the greatest concert halls on the east coast. Past venues include Heinz Hall (Pittsburgh), The Kennedy Center (Washington, D.C.), Carnegie Hall (New York City), the Kimmel Center (Philadelphia), The Music Center at Strathmore (Bethesda, MD), and the Forum Auditorium (Harrisburg).
We know that choosing a university experience is a big decision, and one you cannot make alone. We will be here for you every step of the way. We're thrilled that you're interested in sharing your talent with us and we're excited to get to know you!
R. David Frego, Director
Penn State School of Music
Experience Penn State
We are welcoming students to campus for in-person visits in addition to hosting virtual events. Register for Fall Visit Day, October 11, 2021, now! Space is limited due to COVID safety precautions.
If you miss Fall Visit Day, individual on-campus tours and faculty meetings may be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot visit in person or would like to learn more about Penn State in preparation for your visit, you may engage in a virtual campus tour or tour of the state-of-the-art facilities within the School of Music at any time.
Are You Ready to Apply?
Completing your application via Acceptd is only one step in the four-step application process. A decision will not be made until all steps are completed.
- First, be sure to submit your Penn State University application via MyPennState, CommonApp, or Coalition. Note: The Penn State ID number you are given is required to submit the Acceptd materials.
- As soon as possible, submit your personal information and preferred audition day via Acceptd.
- Next, submit the required materials for your chosen Degree on Acceptd no later than the deadline(s) indicated.
- Finally, attend your audition/interview to complete the process.
Note: Multi-instrumentalists must submit an application for each instrument for which they audition; in this case only, applicants may enter the following coupon code to waive the duplicate fee: 02penn2022
- If you have questions about general admission to Penn State, please contact our director of enrollment, Kelly Praskovich via email email@example.com or set up a virtual appointment.
- If you have questions about the School of Music, audition materials, or process, please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do You Require Assistance with Acceptd?